Bibliography, Sources, Contributors, Acknowledgements
Planning a Fair, Festival or Event
- "Backstage Entertainer Hospitality," Tara Byrd, Portfest, Newport, AR
- "Concessions," Don Frenkel, Pensacola Interstate Fair, Pensacola, FL
- "Farm Youth," Jerry Bullock, Mid South Fair, Memphis, TN
- "Grounds Attractions," David Musselman, Capitol International Productions, Inc.
- "Entertainers' Point of View," Katie Brooks, Merry Kat Productions, Nashville, TN
- "Buying Musical Entertainment," Tracy Childers, Ford Entertainment, Cape Girardeau, MO
- "Event Insurance," Trish Adams, Georgia Peach Festival, Ft. Valley, GA
- Parades: Sheri Rich, Shephard Maple Syrup Festival
- "Buying Media," Orv Graham, Decatur Celebration, Decatur, IL
- "Fair Office and Staffing," Keith Kessler, Champaign Co. Fair, Champaign, IL
- "Grounds and Facilities," Marvin Perzee, Iroquios Co. Fair, Cresent City, IL
- "Horse Events," W.G. Colburn, Logan Co. Fair, Lincoln, IL
- "Image of Events," Fred Puglia, Perfect Impressions, Springfi eld, IL
- "Queen Contests," Viola Suits, State Coordinator, Illinois Association of Fairs
- Rodeos and Horseshows," Tad Whitten, Promotion Associates, Springfield, IL
- "Sponsorships" by Eileen Frye, Heart of Illinois Fair, Peoria, IL
- "Talent Contests" by Bob Dempsey, Pike County Fair, Pleasant Hill, IL
Copyright © Larry Ward 2008
- A very special thank you to Phil Alexander, District Extension Tourism Agent, Gaylord, Michigan, who complied the popular book Managing Festival and Tourism Events
- Building A Festival: A Framework For Organizers. Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism, One Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72201.
- Let's Have a Celebration: A 'How To' For Festivals, Fairs and Other Special Events, Kalamazoo County Convention and Visitors Bureau, P.O. Box 1169 Kalkamazoo, MI 49005.
- Small Town Tourism Development, Dr. Richard L. Howell, Recreation, Travel & Tourism Institute, 263 Lehotsky Hall, Clemson University, SC 29634-1005, 1987/88.
- Planning Festivals and Events, Canadian Government Offi ce of Tourism, Department of Industry, Trade and Commerce, Ottawa, Canada K1A OH6, 1982.
- Festivals and Events Information and Resource Book, Minnesota Extension Service, University of Minnesota Tourism Center, 48 McNeal Hall, 1985 Buford Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108.
- Planning Community-Wide Special Events, Robert P. Humke, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Circular 1123, 54 Mumford Hall, 1301 W. Gregory Drive, Urbana, IL 61801, July 1976.
- Festival Planning Handbook, South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism with assistance from the South Carolina Festivals Association, 2nd Edition, 1982.
- "A Look At Boards," The Practical Historian, William H. Mulligan, Jr., editor, 636 Everett #1, Negaunee, MI 49866, Volume 2, Number 2 & 3, August/November 1990.
- "Festival, Fair and Event Marketing," Glenn M. Kreag, Extension Recreation Specialist, University of Kentucky, Research and Education Center, Princeton, KY 42445.
For reproduction permission, please contact:
Event Production, PO Box 3641, Milton, Florida 32572